Wish upon a star *

Saturday, January 29, 2011

An evening out with Gary

Sat Jan 29 2011 4pm
Weather: Cloudy

Recently my bike, Vitus, has had a new company at home. It's a mountain bike (MTB), his name is Gary.


Vitus (left) with his new friend, Gary (right)

After many months having Gary around, today I finally decided to pump up the tires and take it out for a spin. I didn't know where to go, so I sms Andrew to check if he's home and have nothing to do. If so, I want to ride to his house, probably go for yamcha. While waiting for his response, I ride near my house to get a feel of the bike and handling, at the same time testing out the gears to see if everything is in working order.

-------------------
**By the way, both Vitus and Gary are not mine. I feel so lucky to be able to do cycling, all thanks to WeiKoon for Vitus and ChinChin for Gary

While I'm at this, might as well put up an advertisement to help Chin Chin out. Gary, full name, Gary Fisher is up for sale. It's a mountain bike with front suspension. Everything is in working order (I personally tested this out). The bike was shipped back from US, er, a couple of years back. If interested, please contact me for details, I will help you fwd them to owner.
--------------------

I ride to the Marine Jeti, which is very near to the Penang Bridge, sort of underneath the bridge. I have never been there before, although often times I do my evening runs there but have not go alllll the way in.


Underneath the Penang Bridge

Following the road, I cycle deeper and deeper where the road gets narrower and narrower. Seeing that there's still more road to explore, I decided to check out where it will end.


Heading towards the reclaimed land where The Lighthouse Waterfront is in the middle of construction


The road seems endless. On and on I cycle...


Pass through construction signboard

Following the small concrete road, with the coastal highway on my left and the construction site on my right, I keep going...


There's a numbered sign at each floor, the top floor currently is 15...and they are growing fast!

I went deeper and deeper until I see this:


It's the Coastal Runners!!
Btw, check out Gary, it has a stand...it's so cool! Bicycle nowadays don't have them anymore

I was happy with what I encounter along the way, and I wasn't even expecting to reach till the Coastal Runners. That's a surprise :)

Unfortunately, that's the end of the concrete road already. So I had to make my way back out, taking the same way where I came.


Making my way back out


The familiar coastal highway (now Lebuhraya Tun Dr Lim Chong Eu). I've run on it during Penang Bridge Marathon, I've cycled on it during Malakoff Interstate Ride and various other cycling events, and I've definitely drive along this road countless times before.



It took me about 45mins to fully explore this small road until the Coastal Runners and back out, I am still feeling fresh. Unfortunately up to this point, I still have yet to hear back from Andrew. I guess he must either be sleeping or doing some outdoor activity. I decide to do some hills by paying a visit to The Sanctuary. It's a newly completed gated community filled with hill side luxury bungalows (a bit of an elevation but not really hill lar...).

And nearby, there's this new condo which I have no idea what it is called. Have always pass by this on my way home, but have never know where it's entrance are located.


It's not very high, and it looks classy

Making a big round, I went around it and reach the side of the condo.It looks just as nice from the side, if not better.


Check out the 3 odd palm trees at the top of building :)

Upon closer checking, I also spotted the swimming pool, covered underneath the building. Nice! :)

I want this place, if only I have $$ to buy :(


Swimming pool of the nice condo

That ends my exploration of the day with Gary. It took me a total of 1hr 15mins by the time I reach home. On my way back, I passed by this nasi lemak stall and was tempted to buy...haha. Back at home, I enjoyed my packet of nasi lemak bilis telur and a packet of Milo from the fridge. Yummm....nothing can beat a nice meal after exercise.

Today's ride brought back memories of my school time where I spend a lot of times on my mountain bike. Feels like I am back in the old days where I cycled to school. That time, in the evening, I'd cycle around my housing estate exploring roads that may lead to something interesting.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home