Wish upon a star *

Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Park & Ride Program to Bayan Lepas FIZ

Today (1st March, Tue) is the start of the Park and Ride Programme to Penang Bayan Lepas Free Industrial Zone (FIZ). An initiative by the Penang State Government.

Yesterday (Monday) on my way to work, I saw this new, nice and clean bus stop in front of Pentamaster. Driving past it, I can read the sign on it that says "Park and Ride". At that moment, I thought 'Oh wow, we have such thing as a Park and Ride. That's so interesting!'. I told myself, I must remember to Google this when I get into office.

Not until lunch time when I was sitting down with colleagues that I recall about the bus stop. So we talked about it. Seems like not many people know about the program. Out of the 5 of us around the table, only 1 have read it on the paper (ok, maybe it's our fault for not reading more newspaper).

Anyway, later that day, we received a company-wide email from our facility department informing us of the program. It comes with a 4mb PDF attachment containing some details of the program and time schedule of the buses.

I love the sound of the program launched by the state government and I hope the program will be a success. For it to be successful, it will need participation from targeted people like you and me (people who work in the Bayan Lepas FIZ), especially for those who lives over on the mainland side.

I am playing this small little part I can by helping to spread the news about this. I've uploaded the time schedule of the bus and you can find them at this link.

Some little info from the PDF:
The Rapid Penang bus will start from Bandar Sunway in mainland and travel across Penang Bridge to the Industrial Zone. There are 3 different route, called A, B and C. It's FREE.

Come people. Let's ride! In support of the state government's effort, saving the environment and saving money :)

I wonder how was the response to the program today...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Very nice of you to be supportive of this. You can try the park and ride too, seeing that it does stop by QB and goes by Pentamaster which is close enough to you! What do you say to saving the environment?

    By Blogger Chin Chin, at Mar 1, 2011, 10:45:00 AM  

  • If you notice, there's no QB on the way back after work :P

    Seeing that I go to work on motorcycle 4 days a week, I am already doing my part for the environment and the traffic jam because I only take a quarter of a lane, not 1 person in a car tat fits 4 person.

    By Blogger LieWei, at Mar 1, 2011, 11:03:00 AM  

  • good reading, and great to see your interest in public transport.

    http://soniakathuria2010.blogspot.com

    By Blogger Sonia Kathuria, at Mar 7, 2011, 3:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment



<< Home