Wish upon a star *

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Midlife Crisis

At the mention of midlife crisis, first thought that comes to my mind are men and their fancy sports car. Actually there are a lot more to midlife crisis than just buying sports car. It's a term to describe the transition and adjustment that a person goes through during their mid-years.

I had my 'midlife' crisis moment back in 2010. I was at a point in life where I feel very bored with life, with work and seems like I don't have anything to look forward to anymore. At that time, the decision I made was to quit my job for NZ Working Visa program. That was a huge decision to make because I took a risk and leave a stable job for the unknown future.

Fortunately, during the submission of my resignation letter, my manager offer me a position in the company when I complete the working visa program 6 months down the road. That means I won't be jobless when I return. Yay!

Not sure if it was such a good news anyway. 6 months later, I return to work in the same corporate world environment. I survived another 2 years before the same feeling came back to haunt me. The same bored and tired-of-my-job feeling. And so, in 2014, I made another big decision to change the course of my life. I quit my job to start my own business with a friend, my best friend.

Time flies very quickly, and we were in the 3rd year of business, almost touching 4th year. It has been 3 fruitful years for us. Our company and business has grown so much from what it used to be. However, another crisis came looming.

I started to ask question that I myself are unable to answer:

Where am I heading after this?
What is it that I am trying to achieve?
What if I can afford to buy my dream car now? Where do I want to go in it? Who would go with me?

I think this time, the midlife crisis is for real. I am reaching mid-years of my life for sure. I hope I could overcome this midlife crisis again like how I did before this. Keep fighting!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home