Wish upon a star *

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Feb 2013: A chill out month

Feb was a short month but a sweet one. Only 28 days in this month, out of that which I took 2 weeks off from work in separate occasion.

First of all it was Chinese New Year. I took a week off from work where my whole family went for a Road Trip to Koh Samui. We were being adventurous; not truly familiar with the road and can't speak or read Thai , we venture across the Thai border with a map and a borrowed GPS unit. Koh Samui is very far from Taiping, ~600km away. Because it was a free and easy Road Trip, we actually take our time with the drive stopping by cafes when tired with sitting in the car. We also stop by one of the bigger town along the way for a visit and photos. And since it was a bit late when we're done, we spent a night there in Nakhon Si Thammarat. Early the next day we drove to Don Sak to board the ferry over to Koh Samui.

Ferry from Don Sak to Koh Samui, quite similar to Penang ferry but their passenger deck upstairs is air-conditioned

I miss out on school mate gathering again this year as I was away in Koh Samui.
I miss the gathering last year too, being away in New Zealand.
Most of my school mates by now has either gotten married or had babies already. But I am still being a baby myself. But it's ok, I prefer being a baby than making babies anyway.

After a full week off from work, I was back at work for 3 days and I was off again for another week for HK & Macau trip on top of HK Marathon. Weeee....how fun! If only I can do that every month...

Other than a holiday month, it's also a month of spending spree. I bought a new phone (in replacement of my lost iPhone 4S) and bought a new running watch.

Loving my new gadget more each day

Some photo sharing follows... :)

First time dining in a Michelin-starred restaurant. Robuchon au Dome was located on the top of The Grand Lisboa Hotel, at level 43. I get to sit facing the glass window, it was amazing food with a view. Perfect! (although a bit hazy lar...). This is also my first experience with heated toilet seat and automated toilet seat cover. OK, I admit I am a frog under coconut shell, but those automated things are so cool :-D

Waiting for food to be serve

View of Macau from level 43

"This is where I was..."

Strolling along the UNESCO Heritage trail, you know you're in the UNESCO Heritage zone when you see wavy black and white tiles

Senado Square with Chinese Lantern decorations

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home