Wish upon a star *

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Trying Tri for the first time

Wana to make a quick note in my mold-growing-blog that I have take up the courage and finally registered for Kenyir Triathlon.

I have had the thoughts of doing a triathlon late last year after missing out on Port Dickson Triathlon and I told myself I'd try to do Kenyir which will be early of the year. I was quite disappointed when I learned that Malakoff Penang 26km date clashes with Kenyir Tri. It took me a long time to finally decide to give up Kenyir for Malakoff because Malakoff is home race and Kenyir is a long way to travel.

Who knows after I make up my mind, Kenyir Tri organizer decided to postpone to a later date, from Mac 27th to Apr 10. So now I can actually do both!!

Took me forever and ever to sign-up. After a lot of psycho from fellow training kaki, I finally sign-up for the Olympic Distance (OD) Triathlon 2 days before registration closing date.

I will have to swim for 1.5km, bike for 40km and run for 10km within 4.5hr to qualify. I paid RM80 of registration fee, and am now starting to freak out because I've not have enough training. I haven't been doing bike-run training for a while now, and my swim still have not improve. I still swim 1.5km in 45mins, and that is in a 50m pool with lines at the bottom to make sure I don't swim zig-zag. Who knows how I'll do in a green lake?! OMG, think Toman fish!! Stay off my little toes you ugly fish!

So this is it, no turning back. I am going for my first triathlon. Wish me luck! I need lots of it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • You will do great! Seeing that you are a much much better swimmer and cyclist than I was when I completed my first OD... you will finish very well indeed. Sub 3?

    By Blogger Chin Chin, at Apr 6, 2011, 11:25:00 PM  

  • well, just blog walking,,
    but i see your blog so nice,,
    and is that really that you are so forgetful? hahahaha,,
    visit me if u have some time

    http://commonlife-fromnothingtosomething.blogspot.com/

    By Anonymous Vic Ipswich, at Apr 7, 2011, 5:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment



<< Home