Wish upon a star *

Monday, March 19, 2007

The Big Run

The annual Penang Bridge Marathon is just around the corner, it will be on the 24th June 2007. Just like last year, Altera is sponsoring employees who wish to take part in the run. Last year I've had fun participating (minus the aching part), and this year I'll be doing the same thing, participating in the half-marathon category.

After last year's marathon, I have not had much exercise except for the weekly yoga, in 8 months, I've gained a total of 2kg. I'm not surprised because I've not been controlling my diet and very seldom exercise. I'm not that kind of girl who can eat whatever I like and still can maintain weight even without exercise, I really envy people with such a high metabolism ability. Ooppss..I'm a bit off topic here, enough about the gaining weight part, back to the marathon...

What is more exciting about the marathon this year is that Kenny Sia will be taking part in the full marathon!! Hehe..maybe I'm lucky enough to meet him on the Penang Bridge. Looking forward to this..

Life is meaningless without a target, thus a target for this year's run were set. The target for last year is to finish 22.3km run without boarding the provided bus and still keep myself in one piece, how long it takes to finish the run doesn't matter (Time limit for half-marathon to qualify for medal and cert is 3 hours). Last year, even though I took more than 3 hours, but eventually I finished the run, and I got a medal and a cert too! As for this year, my target is to finish within 3 hours. In order to achieve target, I had better start training soon, at the same time can lose some weight. I can't run too far with too much extra fats hanging from my body, can I?

To my friends from other states, if you are interested to take part I can help you submit the form as well as collect the T-shirt and participant number. This is the only time when the Penang Bridge will be close to all vehicle and it is the only time you can walk on the mighty Penang Bridge. (except of course if your car/motor broke down on the bridge la..)

The medal from last year

Entry on previous marathon (2006): Pre-marathon and Post-marathon

Labels:

5 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home