Wish upon a star *

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Personal Fitness

Fitness - the condition of being physically fit

I did a run on the morning of the first day of MCO, 18 March 2020. That time, definition and activity restricted during MCO was not clearly spelled out. Only later that I found out jogging was a prohibited activity under MCO.

During 3 months of MCO, I only manage some simple floor exercise, usually last between 20 to 30 mins. No running, no cycling at all.

55 days later, on 12 May 2020, I did my first run after the lockdown. It was only 5km and it felt like forever. I had to stop to walk twice. 5km used to be short and easy, but it's a different story all together when one is not fit.

It took me 13 runs over the course of  1 month to build back a basic form of fitness. I am very happy to say that I can now run 8km without going breathless, and without the feeling of wanting to stop to walk. I am actually enjoying the run. Over this past 1 month, I have covered 84km with 13 runs. That's an average of 6.46 km each session. The shortest run being 5km, and the longest being 10km.

Fitness requires commitment. It takes consistent cardio workout to maintain. 2 weeks of inactivity is all it takes for it to go away. Then you have to start from zero again to build the fitness back to what you used to have.

I enjoy the feeling of being fit. I want to be able to go out and do outdoor activities and able to enjoy the process. Without fitness, it'll be a torture. The focus then would be to get it over with to end the suffer, than to enjoy the outdoor.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home