Wish upon a star *

Friday, January 06, 2012

Best pie in New Zealand (so far...)

I've been in NZ for 5 months now. Let me share with you this: meat pie is in the list of popular food in NZ.

Before I come to NZ, when someone mention pie I'd think of something sweet and it fits into my dessert list. In NZ, pie is not so much a dessert but appetizer or snack or even lunch. Pies are easily and widely available, sold in supermarkets, bakery as well as superette (NZ term of convenience store).

I've had my fair share of pies while traveling New Zealand. And so far, the best pie that I've ever had had to be the one in Thames, Coromandel Peninsular. "Food For Thought" is the name of the shop. Other than award-winning pies, they also serve cakes, coffee and breakfast food but it's the pies that they are really famous for.

One of the award-winning pie, mince and cheese

Can't wait to eat!

Be sure to pay this shop a visit if you're in the small lovely town of Thames, previously a gold mining town.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home