Wish upon a star *

Friday, April 20, 2012

Flash back...Motueka

A friend shared a link on Abel Tasman National Park in Facebook today. Although I can easily guess what the article would say, I can't resist the urge to click on the link and prove myself right.

When I read the article which is about the beautiful Abel Tasman coastal national park, sweet memories of my time in Motueka came flooding back. I have enjoyed my 4 weeks stay in that small little town which is the gateway to Abel Tasman. Motueka is the nearest town to the famous national park where hiker/tourist can stock up their grocery and get their gears ready for some hiking, camping and kayaking.

Dipping my feet in the clear water of Abel Tasman National Park. The water is so cold that it is not fun to dip at all...brrr

I was in Motueka working for Talley's, a company that pack and sell frozen seafood. I work as a mussel opener, one of the toughest job I've tried in NZ. Why? 3.4km-walk to work at 5.15am, standing at work for the next 8hrs with 15mins break in between, constantly missing the mussel and cut my palm, rushing to fit in eating and toilet break within that short 15mins break.

Me in work attire, with white overall, gumboots and earmuff

Compare to my job now; I travel effortlessly to work (no sweat), I get to sit in an ergonomically-designed chair in the whole duration of work hour, flexible lunch hour that spans 1hr long! Wow...it's heaven and hell difference leh...

These are all part and parcel of life, and I am very glad I had the opportunity to experience it.
NZ experience has teaches me to appreciate what I already have in life...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home