Wish upon a star *

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Resume

When was the last time you update your resume?

Today I was digging through my laptop, folders in the clouds as well as hard disks and pendrives looking for the most updated resume I have. I can't remember when was the last time I updated mine. The most recent one that I manage to find was dated 2007. That was over 13 years ago! Wow

This must be the one I used for my first job. I have been a loyal employee. Why did I say that? Since I graduated from Uni, I have only had employment at 1 company. I worked for a MNC for almost 8 years. After that I run own business for the next 5 years. That basically sums up my working life.

After the end of the business, I have been at a cross-road, still are. A bit lost at what to do next. It's too early for retirement. I have lost most if not all, the technical knowledge required for an engineering position. I am not interested in managerial position, am more of a technical kind of person. So what kind of job can I do? Most importantly, the job must be something that I would wake up every morning eager to start the day at work and not dread waking up every morning. To make it worse, the world is grappling with the horrid Covid-19 virus and we have not seen the end of it after more than 6 months.

So much has changed since my 2007 resume. Time to prepare an updated version to look for a suitable job.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home