Wish upon a star *

Monday, March 26, 2007

Weekend on the road

I was on the road for the whole Sat and Sun riding motorbike, rode to Kota Bharu and back.

Started from Taiping in the morning, dad and I ride to Simpang Pulai to meet 24 other bikers. Reach Simpang Pulai by 9.30am, had a nasi lemak while waiting for everyone to arrive. Some of them brought along their wife, riding pillion. By 10am, everyone was here. There was a total of 34 people and 26 bike.
Damn!! Forgot to bring along my camera...all pictures were taken with phone
Everyone ready to take off from Cameron Highlands foothill


And up the hill we go, Cameron Highlands. Stop for a break at the landslide area before going back downhill on the other side towards Gua Musang. In case you don't know, one side of Cameron HIghland is Simpang Pulai and the other side is Gua Musang in Kelantan.
Having a break before heading downhill

We stop for a break every 100km or so, for petrol and for stiff hands to have a rest. And to make sure no one is left behind. The next stop after the landslide area was Gua Musang R&R. By that time I have already travelled 250km (from Taiping).

Another one hour, we reach Kuala Krai, another stop for petrol. Then Machang, for petrol AGAIN!!. One of the bikers found a friend who were willing to prepare a kenduri for all of us. Yea, we paid him some money. Lunch was at 3.30pm that day. Surprisingly, the nasi lemak I ate at Simpang Pulai last that long.

Someone was left behind, had to wait by the road side for him..3.10pm, heading to kenduri lunch

Ei, my head size and body size doesn't match... :(

Lunch was at a
kampung near our hostel. We keep our things in the hostel then ride to the nearby kampung. That's why you see me without jacket in the above picture.
Motors were parked at the badminton court while we're at the kenduri

We will be staying one night in Machang at the Institut Peladang. It is like a hostel, clean and fully equip with air-cond.

See the air-cond hanging outside...

After a bath we head to Kota Bharu for sight seeing.


Istana Jahar, Muzium adat istiadat diraja Kelantan

It was getting dark, my fon got useless..forgot to turn on the night mode

I don't know what's behind me...
At night we went to Pantai Cahaya Bulan, which is very near to Kota Bharu. There was slight rain but only for a while, not enuf to fully wet me.
At Pantai Cahaya Bulan

I know the picture quality is bad, but still you can clearly see me...what did my mum feed me when I'm a baby?
I'm the only female rider who actually drive on my own, they have husband to fetch them...


Sleep early that night, hand muscle started to feel sore especially the fingers. Very very tired. Next day woke up at 7.30 and start packing.
Hehe..the only non-auntie there is......ME!!
Last picture before leaving Institut Peladang

After tasting the famous Kelantan nasi dagang for breakfast, women gang wanted to go shopping so we went to the all-in-one market called Musalla, selling meat, fresh vegetables, dried stuff like keropok and ikan bilis, things you can find in kedai runcit and clothes. Bought one packet of raw keropok lekor for mum (and for myself). Wanted to buy more but there isn't any empty space in bag to keep the bulky keropok.

On the left is the all-in-one pasar
At about 11am, we head back. A little bit further down from Machang, one of the motor bike broke down. Spent about one hour there trying to figure out what was wrong with the bike. After changing the battery, things were back to normal.

Stop by Kuala Krai for lunch. Next stop was the Strawberry park in Cameron. We stop for strawberry juice.

At Cameron with other people's BMW bike

Drizzle on our way down hill towards Simpang Pulai. Luckily the rain was not really heavy and by the time we reach foot hill, the rain stopped. We stop at simpang pulai to bid goodbye to everyone. Hug hug with the women gang, they were very friendly. After that we go our separate ways. I reach Taiping around 7pm. So tired, really really tired. Had to drive back Penang some more.

For these 2 days, I travelled 901km to and fro from Taiping to Kota Bharu, spent RM93 on petrol and RM30 on food.

I'm not sure whether you believe me or not. On my way from Gua Musang to Kuala Krai, I think I went a little bit too fast, the speedometer cannot take it and broke down. The last time i looked the meter i was at 190km/hr, then the next time i look at the meter, it was at ZERO! *a string in the speedometer break off

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home