Wish upon a star *

Monday, June 11, 2012

A start to a great week

Today is the start of school again after 2 weeks of break. Parents will need to go back to their routine of fetching kids to/from school and traffic will fall back to following school time.

Monday has been my swim day at CRC for the past 2 months. After all these time, I am still entering the pool as a guest paying RM5.30 per entry. I am a regular there already. The lifeguard, the security and the parking attendant knows me and always greet me with a friendly smiley face, cheers me up after my battle on the road with rush hour drivers. The lifeguard, Mr Lim is very helpful. He is always happy to share swim tips with many people in the pool. He observed and timed how long people takes to swim 50m.

Lately, I've been getting free advise from Mr Lim and I try to correct my problem based on his feedback. Today, I am happy to say that I swim my fastest lap in 3 years (I only start to record my swim time 3 years ago)

At dinner, I was intro to Yiruma, a South Korean internationally known pianist (which I don't know until being mentioned in the dinner, paiseh :P). And the instant I listen to his music, I love it. I spend the night listening to a few other songs before giving-in to slumberland.

I still keep this must-do-before-I-die-thing. I want to learn to play piano one day.

This song is on the top of my list but definitely not the only one:

Another favourite:


On top of that, I am so looking forward to team building tomorrow. Finally get my wish come true to an outdoor team building and not only going to a fancy place to have lunch. For the past few years, that was what we have been doing with our team building budget, eat eat eat and eat. What to do? Boss fancy eating and don't fancy doing anything else at all so usually we will just go to an expensive place and have lunch and then back to work for the rest of the day. Now that I am in a different team under a different boss, things finally changed. In conjunction with durian season, we will head to a durian orchard to have durian + other local fruits lunch and after that do some short hike around the orchard. Follow by a visit to nearby beach in Balik Pulau. Sounds fun rite? I hope it will turn out as fun as it sounds.

Another thing to look forward to is the wine and dine Italian dinner on Wednesday.

It will be an interesting week...I know it!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home