Wish upon a star *

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Jan 2013

Ended 2012 with a 180km Interstate cycling event, the Malakoff Interstate Fellowship Ride.

Started 2013 with a 80km Round Penang Island fellowship ride on the same event.

Been doing this for the past few years, which means I haven't been doing New Year countdown for a while. Oh right, I skip a year of Malakoff Ride as I was in New Zealand. New Year countdown in Nelson wasn't very happening anyway, but it was great memories that all of us gathered together at the same place on this day of 31 Dec 2011; Lie Yee, Chin Chin, Samantha Loke, Sue Cing and Jie Min.

~## Back to Jan 2013 ##~
This January is a month of running for me, lots and lots of running as I am in the midst of marathon training. I am training for Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon which is happening on 24 Feb. Every weekend of Jan is spend on running, one weekend longer than the previous.

Started with 20km on weekend #1, then 23km on weekend #2, followed by 25km on weekend #3.

I started Mandarin class. Sign up for Standard 3 class. Attend class every Monday and Wednesday. Surviving well. Many retirees in my class. Always overheard them talking about holiday trip; London, Scandinavian countries, Europe, Cruise. I jealous :(

Week #2
PD department teambuilding. One word, el cheapo. This team building consist of different challenges that all teams have to complete before the real team building day. And then on the real team building day (half day off on a work day), we have some light activities and refreshment (snacks only, not even lunch provided). Because of this team building, I received an email from a fellow colleague who scolded me for being inconsiderate because I voice out my disappointment on FB. No doubt I have fun on the team building day, but can't deny that I am still truly disappointed.

Weekend #3
This is the weekend of Penang Urban Triathlon organized by Chin Chin, her first sprint triathlon event. It was a busy busy weekend for me because I am kaypoh and been helping here and there. On Sat, help out on the race pack collection, and on Sunday, I was a volunteer helping with medal distribution. It was a fun event and there were many new triathlete participated. Happy that the event was a successful one despite first time organizing it. Many participants have nice things to say about it.

Weekend #4
Remember Penang Run 2013? The run full of controversy and has a fair share of publicity on newspaper. First, the Indians were protesting saying organizers inconsiderate to set the date on Thaipusam, then BN slam  Pg State Gov for banning the use of name 'Penang' in event...haiz, In the end, I also confuse with what is the real issue and not sure what to believe because newspaper are not something you should believe in. Regardless, I think politicians should just leave running event alone. We are there to run and not to be involved in some fight.

I sign-up for this run. And ran my 17km route. Came back and found that I lost my iPhone and a bunch of cash. Some idiot forced open my motorbike box and took away my beloved phone (and money) but kind enough to leave my personal documents, ATM and credit cards in place. Worst of all, I do not set password to my phone, did not backup data in the phone and did not activate 'Find my iPhone' function. It was a real lost cause, there's no way I can get my phone back. Feel so insecure having all my personal information out there, not knowing whose hand it fall into; my photos, notes, calendar, smses...OMG!

Can only hope whoever got the phone, clear all the memories away without looking through it. Can't imagine what some people will do with it.

The week that follows, I survived with a Sony Ericsson phone.
Missing my phone
Feeling down and helpless
Feel so disconnected from the world
Still hunting around for a new phone...


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home