Wish upon a star *

Sunday, April 08, 2007

It's pay back time

This is the time of the year when the IRB officers are working. And the working adults in the country are looking for ways to reduce taxable income LEGALLY.

At 24 years old, this is the first time I need to do my income tax assessment. I'm not sure whether working for 6 months need to pay tax or not but since company had been deducting my pay for tax all these times, I should just declare it and see if I'll be charged. The due date is the end of this month, April 30th. Don't submit it late coz you'll find yourselves paying 10% more for the tax.

I supposed some of the tax collected from citizen (all races) will be use to build those noisy big annoying onion, which have nothing to do with me other than waking me up early in the morning, but still, I think I have to do my part as a citizen.

I studied in a government school all my life. 6 years in primary school and 5 years in secondary school. Although I still need to pay school fees, but it's just a small amount that my father can afford to pay with his mere income back then. And then there's the 5 years in university, studying in a government Uni is very much cheaper compared to other private Uni. Maybe the syllabus and facilities we get are abit different, but to me, the important thing is that after graduation, we are able to get a job.

With education reason alone, I think I should pay back to the gov. By paying tax, I, as a citizen of Malaysia, wish to be provided better services from government department, a better and more reliable general hospital and perhaps, a lower tax rate in the future. ;)

MALAYSIA, MY COUNTRY MY HOME.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • haha! onion, huh?
    Erm, i was told that those with a salary of exceeding RM25k per annum only need to pay tax de wo...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Apr 9, 2007, 11:46:00 AM  

  • Its RM30K PA

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Apr 9, 2007, 1:52:00 PM  

  • Anyone know what is the procedure to get back the money they deducted for tax?

    According IRB website, need to write letter.

    Easy for them to take our money, but so difficult for us to take from them.

    By Blogger LieWei, at Apr 9, 2007, 2:07:00 PM  

  • let them deduct every month first, till the end of the year, if they tax u more in total, then only u collect from them tru tax office. the procedure now is much more easier.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Apr 9, 2007, 7:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment



<< Home