Wish upon a star *

Monday, April 16, 2007

Not a lucky day

Today is not a very good day. Is it because Friday the 13th was just around the corner?

I went to Cameron Highlands again today, for another round of sharp corner maneuvering. There were more visitors to Cameron today, unlike the last few times I went. There was a gang of KL bikers, Ipoh bikers, a few small groups of Singapore bikers, kwai-lou riding Singapore number plate chopper and many cars. There were no appointment made earlier, it's just a coincidence that all these gangs plan to go there at the same day. Some went up earlier, some had a sip of teh tarik at the Malay stall at foothill before going up.

Today, however, my father, 2 of his friends and I went up a little bit later than the rest in the gang. I did not go very fast because I felt that the way I handle the motor was not very smooth today. I skidded a little during cornering maybe coz of the wet road as it was raining season lately. Luckily I didn't go very fast, I was still able to control it. My father was way ahead. He must be also having a bad feeling today, he slow down to wait for me. Usually, he never waits. Not long after I catch up with my father, at a corner, we saw a row of motorbike park by the road side and someone wave for us to stop. Not knowing what happened, we stopped and walk to where everyone was gathering.

Oh no! Something bad happen to one of the bike. While he was making a left corner, the tyre failed to grip on the wet road making the whole motor slides to the opposite road, right into the big longkang! When I saw him, he was all covered in mud (luckily not blood!), the motor was lying in the drain, also covered with mud. The rider was safe thanks to all the safety equipments he had on his body.

This was the mud stain where his motor landed, motor oil spilled was seen in the mud

Everyone help to lift the motor from the drain. Oil was leaking from the motor (saw the oil stain on the road?)

Damage on the petrol tank. Even the metal on the handlebar broke.

Yucky, mud on the motor.

This is gonna keep me away from Cameron Highlands for some time. What if, I said, what if. Imagine there's a lorry coming in the opposite road, and at the very same time he accidentally slip and slides his bike over the opposite road heading to the drain. He's gonna end up UNDER the lorry...scary just trying to imagine.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home